Sunday, January 15, 2012

Painting With Friends

Today I took my second painting class taught by Christie Repasy.  You may (hello?  who doesn't?) know her from her amazing rose paintings both on canvas and furniture.  The painting style she taught today is called "grisaille".  It is a term used for painting in a monochromatic color scheme, usually in shades of grey.  I prefer shades in sepia and taupe, today I went with taupe.

We had such a great time, laughing, painting and eating.  The food is always so incredible at these classes, it's a wonder we finish our projects.


Here's Christie teaching us all about color value and light source....huh?  Just kidding, she actually is an excellent teacher and knows how explain so that we can understand it.




Yep, that's me.  But more importantly, the fabric hanging behind me is an example of monochromatic painting done in sepia tones.  Love it!



Hey, I'm actually doing it!



 Here's Amber's finished painting.  Can you believe this was her first class?



Look, I did it - yay!

After class was over, we hung out and gabbed for a couple more hours about the upcoming show (The Vintage Marketplace at the Oaks).  Christie and Rita sure know how to host a show.  It's hard to believe that it began with 11 vendors at Christie's home and now there's 40 of us!

It was a great day painting with friends.

Blessings,
Missy

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad we took this class together. It was not only incredible to learn from Christie but also have time to talk to you and Amber. We need this more often. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky lucky gals. I would LOOOO OOOOVVVVE to attend one of those classes. You all did a great job!!! So beautiful. And I love this blog! Stop by mine, not much there but I try!!! :) Have a great day. (love your music too!!!)
    Shabby Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Missy!
    So looking forward to you all sharing photos of the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautyfull! love the rosepaintig very much! have a creative day! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that is awesome...now I really wish I was closer:)...Sounds like your last show was great!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun creativity day Missy!
    :))

    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live here in So cal, I am very interested in taking a class...how can I find out about whats next?? Thank you. laurie_may101@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy, I finally found your blog! You guys did a fab. job on the paintings! Isn't Christie the best, we are lucky to know her.
    see you at the Vintage Market Place!
    XO
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you must be very talented. Great job on painting.
    I envy people who can paint well (smile)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!